Saturday, September 4, 2010

Perfect Weekend

It really has been the perfect weekend. Nate had the weekend plus Labor Day off so he was able to drive home to see us. We have played hard and rested even more. We even had some fun playing a round of golf. Turns out I am not a good golfer with our without a big pregnant belly.
I have truly enjoyed having Nate home. It is amazing how much better life is when he is around. Both Cambri and I need him. It is nice to be able to play off of his energy since mine is almost non-exsistent lately. (I am turning into a big blob who has to pee all of the time.) The single mom life is one I hope I never have to experience for real. It does make me nervous to face the next few years. From the sounds of it, this year is just a taste of what is to come during the first few years of residency.
Life might be kind of crazy right now, but we are very blessed in so many ways. This summer has been proof that the Lord is aware of each of us and will provide strength beyond our own.
Speaking of blessings...

I love my little girl. She has turned into a full blown 2 year old and daily we experience many highs and lows. It keeps us both on our toes, but it also keeps me very entertained. The other day I was having a conversation with nate over the phone. I was crying and Cam kept giving me hugs and kisses telling me "its okay momma, Cambri make you so happy".

Anytime Cam wants a treat she will say, "Treat momma, it make my belly so happy!" And yesterday after telling her she couldn't get her baby stroller out she looked at me and said, "take baby on a walk and make her so happy!" It is hard to say no to these kinds of requests.

Sometimes I wish I had her life.
I have definitely had some nesting instincts kick in. If I actually accomplish any of my projects I will show a post of what I have been doing to keep me busy when the Cam Bam is sleeping.



3 comments:

Melissa Chorba said...

I'm glad you had Nate home for the weekend! I was assuming that's what it was when Cambri wasn't on the stand with you. You look great & I don't know how you do it! Hopefully the payout after all this away time is well worth it! PLEASE let me know if you need ANYTHING while Nate is gone!!

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

hey at least cams has clothes on in the picture. that is more than i can say :) haha. We can do it. You are a wonderful mom, and your golfing skills were a LOT better than mine.

Nikki said...

I love that picture of Cam.