Sunday, April 5, 2009

First time for everything...

A friend of mine that I work with invited me to her birthday celebration last night and the activity was...pole dancing. Yes you read that right. It was at one of those fitness studios that offers the pole fitness classes. Honestly it was so fun! I was really shy about it at first but then once we started busting out all the tricks (like spinning on the pole, hanging up side down, and doing hand stands) I was all about it. And yes it is a great workout. If it didn' cost $25 a class I would be all for taking up this hobby. I guess I will just have to install my own pole in our apartment:) Anyway, I highly recommend you give the pole dancing a try.


Look at those shoes. If you take a look in the background you can see that I am a bit overdressed. The instructor had on fur leg warmers that were pretty cool.

Megan has got her sexy back!:) Seriously I was anything but sexy. It was hard to not laugh the whole time.

I think you are supposed to make it look more natural and easy than this.

We did learn a little dance to take home for the hubby:). Leann is next to me. She was the b-day girl. She takes the class on a regular basis. She knows some pretty cool stuff and obviousy came dressed for the occasion.

I might have to get som of those shoes if I do invest in a pole.
My goal is to be able to do stuff like this...

and this...
or this...

I probably don't have a future in pole dancing, but it was a fun night.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

I was hoping for pictures and you didn't disappoint. This is so funny. Not that I've ever seen a pole dancer before, but you look like a pro. :)

The Morton's said...

WOW!!! My sweet Tucky isn't as innocent as she once was, you look like a pro too!! Are you sure there isn't one already installed in your bedroom?

Jaylynn said...

Wow girl...u got skillz! And to quote Mark.."Nate's one lucky s.o.b." hee hee Actually to me that looks like a sweet work-out and like a lot of fun since it's only girls messin around...so fun..i'm gonna have to try this out!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am sure Nate wouldn't mind a purchase like that!! I can just picture you trying not to laugh the whole time. I would be busting up for sure.

MBurt said...

I feel shy just looking at your pictures? Who was taking them? I also think I should be more creative for my birthday parties! You look great!

Amy said...

How fun! You are in great shape! If I know boys right, I am sure when your husband found out what you were going to do, he had some derogatory innuendo to say, slapped you on the butt, and gave you a wink...am I right? My lovely husband would have!

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

my question is when you went to search for those pictures...what really came up? Did you have to close your eyes?

Nikki said...

Annie! I wondered the same thing. :)

Jen and Ty said...

Holy cow tucky... I never knew the pole dancer in you, but you look like a good one. That really looks like fun! I have been wanting to talk to you for a while too! We really do need to catch up, and I have aerobics certification questions because after thinking about it for months, I finally called the group fitness director for my gym.

Angela and Jim said...

Okay that looks like so much fun! I love the shoes! I bet your hubby would love a pole in your house. Just watch out for Cambri playing on it :)

Brandon and Jenn said...

You wild woman! It looks like you had a great time. What a fun idea for a birthday party.

The Rees' said...

oh my WOW! Thats awesome and it sounds like an absolute blast! sorry i wasn't able to take some cute picts of camb while you were here.. when will you be in town again? email me so i can add you tot he blog misharees@gmail.com
hope you guys are having a great week!