Saturday, March 28, 2009

911...

It is true, I had to make my first 911 call. Not really something to be proud of. I was getting ready to go to the fabric store with some friends. I decided to take Cambri outside to wait for our ride. I ended up putting her in the car seat in the back of the car and I sat beside her to wait. I had the keys in my hand so I pushed the lock button on the little clicky thing and put the keys in the diaper bag...you can probably guess where this is going. As I was sitting there I noticed how dirty the dash board was. Since I had a few minutes to spare I grabbed a wipe and decided to clean it. I wiped down the passenger side and then as I was walking around to the driver side I closed both of the car doors that were open. It wasn't until I tried to open the driver side door that I remembered I had locked the car. My heart just dropped. Wouldn't be such a big deal except that the ONLY set of keys we have to this car are now locked inside the car, with my phone and...with my sweet baby girl sitting in her carseat. Yes, I know I am such a good mom:) I called Nate from Annie's phone (who had just shown up as the excitment began). As he was heading home to help me hack into the car I decided this might take awhile and that it was time to call the police to come help me.

Luckily Cambri was very calm through the whole extravaganza. In fact she found it rather amusing watching all of us, including the police officer make faces at her. She just hung out in her car seat clapping her hands and talking back to all of us. She was stuck in the car for about 30 minutes and the whole time she was such a good baby. I am so glad because I think I would have started to freak out if she would have been crying.

By the time we got her out of her carseat her little head was so sweaty. Poor little thing. I am really grateful it wasn't hot outside. We will definitely be getting a second set of keys (or maybe 3 or 4) made so this never happens again.

4 comments:

sarita said...

I'm so glad she was a happy little girl through the whole ordeal.

And props to you for keeping calm through it all! I hope I would be the same way if ever in that situation...

Trent and Julie said...

I love the pictures of your cute family!! I'm sorry about the car thing. I've locked my keys in the car way too many times to count!! I'm glad it all was okay--I miss you too!!

Everett said...

Maybe you have picked up some Rencher genes vicariously. Loosing car keys seems to be one of our favorite habits. I am glad that all turned out okay. Cambri is awesome. I can't wait to see you two.

Robyn said...

Oh honey, I did this to Mariah. In Texas, in the SUMMER. In the parking lot at the store. Didn't have a cell phone, had to track down a stranger and tell them what an idiot I was. 2 seconds later ambulance and firetruck are there. Mariah was sopping wet when we got to her. I felt HORRIBLE!

Cambri was such a trooper. What a cutie!