Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Ice Storm...






For my fellow friends of Iowa this isn't going to be the most exciting entry considering you were here to experience it for yourselves, but I wanted to share the excitement of my first ice storm with the rest of you.


Actually I think this was the second one, but I don't remember for sure. It seems we get extreme weather here all the time.


Nate didn't even try to go to school this day and luckily for him most of his classes were cancelled. They even closed down the whole school by 11:00 am. It ended up being quite a fun day because we just hung out at home together. I don't think we even attempted to go outside until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Once we decided to venture outside it took us around 20-30 minutes just to get into our car. It was totally iced over. The ice on the windshield was so thick you couldn't even scrape at it.
Luckily we didn't get it as bad as some of the other states around us. We never lost power and were only kept inside for a short time.
The aftermath of it was actually very pretty. All of the trees looked like they were made of crystal and at night they would shimmer in the light.

After the extreme humidity when we first moved out here in August and now these crazy ice storms I don't see myself wanting to live in Iowa for the rest of our lives, but we are having fun for the time being.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That is crazy. I've never seen anything like it. It looks cold. Drive safely.