Monday, September 24, 2012

Memories...

(Sorry for the poor picture quality.  I need to dig out my other photo book to document more pictures)

Yesterday would have been my mom's 56th birthday.  I can't believe she has been gone for almost 23 years.  I think of her almost everyday still, but for the most part it isn't a sad thing anymore.  I am grateful for the few memories I do have of her and for the great example she left for me to follow. 

I did get a little emotional yesterday thinking about her.  Now that I have kids of my own I realize just how much my mom loved her children.  I know that she had hard days too, but when it came down to it we were her life and what gave her joy.  I feel closer to her now that I am a mom even though it has been many years since she passed. 

Yesterday I missed her more than I usually do.  I ached for her to give me advice on how to be a good mom to three children.  I felt a little empty that she isn't coming to help when the baby is born.  I wanted to call her and tell her how tired and uncomfortable I am. 

Luckily I have lots of people in my life who are willing to fill in those empty spaces in my heart.  And I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know my family will be together forever.

Happy Birthday Mom!!! 

6 comments:

Maggie said...

You make me cry. You are such a strong girl and such an amazing example to me. Love you.

sarita said...

She was beautiful. No surprise, since her daughter is, too.

Everett said...

Hey megs it is actually jo but now i have a blog it is so good to hear from u and hope to see you soon love ya heres the adress
theeverettplace.blogspot.com
thx
love jo

Cassie said...

Megan, your mom was beautiful! I can totally see her in you!

Haley said...

This was beautiful Megan, brought me and my mom to tears. You are such a beautiful, strong young woman and I know your mom is so so proud of you!!! You are an amazing mother :)

Trent and Julie said...

Love you Megan--I still have many memories of her. You are such an amazing example of a mom, she would be so proud! So now that I've had my good cry for the day, I think I should call you!! We need to get together during the holidays!!