Friday, June 24, 2011

Life is good...

I will blog with pictures later when I get a minute to actually take some but for now I will just report that we are homeowners!!! The process was long and drawn out but we survived...and it is good. I feel like we have a project list that will keep us busy for the 5 years we plan to be here, but at least it is ours and we can do with it as we want. First on my to-do list-

1. Keep unpacking (will this ever end?)
2. Clean, Clean and Clean some more. Although the house wasn't too dirty I still feel like I need to scrub from head to toe.
3. Paint. The plan is to paint Cambri's room a light pink, Sadie's will be turquoise and I am still trying to decided what color the master bedroom will be. Luckily the rest of the house is a neutral color so I can hold off on painting the whole house for awhile.
4. Buy a lawn mower. Our yard is awesome but it will require a lot of upkeep. Too bad my dad who loves that kind of stuff lives super far away.

What I love most about our house-

1. Space! I love the extra storage.
2. The neighborhood. I have gone running a couple times through the neighborhood and I love everything about it. It is quiet, clean and pretty.
3. The bathrooms. They have been updated nicely and the girls now have their own bathtub. The master bath won't have to be taken over by toys anymore!

My biggest design dilema-

We have blue carpet in our family room. How does one decorate around blue carpet?

Moving with kids has been challenging. I want to bust through the unpacking but can't so we just take it in stride one day at a time. It will probably be months before we feel settled. Life is good!

1 comment:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Good luck with your to do list, post pics of the house!