Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Fun...

I am still having a hard time believing that I really turned 28 years old this last week. That is way too close to 30 for my liking. But since there is no way to avoid getting older then we might as well celebrate right?...
Yesterday Nate threw a little bday party for me and showcased his infamous cake decorating skills. This year the design was a grand piano complete with white chocolate piano keys. I am impressed with his designs he comes up with every year and this one did not disappoint!
This many candles may just pose a fire hazard. I will have you know that I was able to blow out every single candle on that cake with one breath....barely, but I did it!
Apparently Cambri didn't think the icecream was being scooped out fast enough. She found the scooper and helped herself. No doubt this girl has a sweet tooth.
And this picture is what I found as I was downloading the pics to put on the blog...


I was at the gym teaching in the morning so Nate and Cams made the cake. Looks like Cambri definitely contributed her part. What we don't have is a picture of the scene I came home to...Cams in her high chair eating cake and blueberries. No wonder she doesn't miss me when daddy is home.

Being one that doesn't have a ton of hair, this little one wakes up with the best bed head!
Thank you to my little family and friends for making my birthday fun.

8 comments:

Billy and Nathalie said...

I LOVE the hair =) And I am VERY impressed with Nate's cake decorating skills. Maybe he should consider a career in the cake decorating business =) Again, happy belated birthday!

Karen Rencher said...

I love the cake ----way to go Nate.!!!I am impressed. How come you couldn't cook when you lived here???Cam is so precious I can hardly wait to see her. Grandma plans to enjoy the babies..Thanks Min for the excuse to get together.

Ashley said...

Megan!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Nate's cake is awesome - I hope you were spoiled rotten sure sounds like it!

We are in Utah for the month and just saw your inlaws and Boomer on Friday night - it made me miss y'all. We'll be there at Mindy's wedding - will y'all too?? HOpe we can see you!!! It has been way too long!

Lyndzee said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe nate made that cake. By the way if if makes you feel any better I am turning 29 in July. I can't believe it either.

Melissa Chorba said...

The cake is GREAT, and Cam's hair is even better! Why didn't Nate bake for the dessert auction :P
Hope you had a great birthday, I'm only a few months behind you with the age and wasn't considering it close to 30 until now, thanks a lot!:P

The Morton's said...

What a cute cake! He has skills! And of course that little Cambri is too cute in those pics!

Nikki said...

Nate is pretty much amazing at cake decorating... as his personal secretary, I would ask that you please don't tell him I said that. It may go to his head, and he could become horrible to work for. P.S. Cam's hair is hilarious too!

Nikki said...

P.P.S. Sad I couldn't go to this year's birthday festivities. Dang you, Illinois and Indiana, for getting in my way!